[mapserver-dev] Implement msPostgisLayerGetExtent

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at osgis.nl
Tue Dec 31 08:27:53 PST 2013

WMS GetCapabilities output is a common use case.

For Oracle I ran into this commonly and almost always configured the layer with an extent in its metadata section to prevent the heavy DB query.

Personally I think disabling by default makes sense, especially since this introduces a behavioural change for PostGIS. I think it would make sense to disable by default then for all drivers where we know this operation is expensive.

Best regards,
Bart

Sent from my iPhone