[mapserver-dev] MS RFC 89 - Layer Geomtransform

Alan Boudreault aboudreault at mapgears.com
Wed Feb 6 06:14:49 PST 2013

Jan,

I cannot say much in detail. They are 3 different algorithms to simplify
a line. Each of them are good depending of the result you want. I would
suggest you to take a look at those urls if you want to get more details:

http://geos.refractions.net/ro/doxygen_docs/html/classgeos_1_1simplify_1_1TopologyPreservingSimplifier.html

http://geos.refractions.net/ro/doxygen_docs/html/classgeos_1_1simplify_1_1DouglasPeuckerLineSimplifier.html

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/966

Regards,