[mapserver-dev] MapServer Project Status Report at FOSS4G-NA

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Feb 15 11:52:11 PST 2013

On 13-02-12 3:53 PM, Daniel Morissette wrote:

> Unless I hear otherwise, I will prepare two proposals:

[...]
> I will run them by this list for comments before submitting them (if I
> can do it early enough), and would be happy to put our two names as
> co-authors if you want.

Hi Steve, and all,

Here are the two abstracts that I am planning on submitting. Hopefully
you (SteveL) are okay with having your name associated with them.

In both cases other co-presenters will be much welcome. If the
presentations are selected then I'll come back here to plan them as a
group and have some fun delivering them as a team in Minneapolis.

== MapServer Project Status Report - Meet the developers! ==

=== Presenter(s): ===
  * Steve Lime, Minnesota DNR
  * Daniel Morissette, Mapgears
  * Members of the MapServer Team

=== Abstract: ===

This session starts with a status report of the MapServer project,
followed by an open question/answer session to provide a opportunity for
users to interact with members of the MapServer project team.

We will go over the main features and enhancements introduced in
MapServer 6.2 released in November of 2012, including the addition of
the new TinyOWS and MapCache components, the current and future
direction of the project, and finally discuss contribution opportunities
for interested developers and users.

Don’t miss this chance to meet and chat face-to-face with the members of
the MapServer project team!

== MapServer - The history of a Community ==

=== Presenter(s): ===
  * Daniel Morissette, Mapgears
  * Steve Lime, Minnesota DNR
  * Members of the MapServer Community

=== Abstract: ===

FOSS4G-NA welcomes you to Minnesota, the homeland of MapServer! This
year also marks the 10 year anniversary of the first MapServer Users
Meeting which was held right here in Minnesota in 2003. This was the
first ever opportunity for several members of the MapServer Community to
meet face to face. MUM 2003 was such a success that it became a yearly
gathering and one of the predecessors of the FOSS4G Conference Series.

Let's take a few minutes to dust off some old websites, emails and
pictures and have a fun and relaxing look at how MapServer and its
Community have evolved over the years, and contributed to make FOSS4G
and OSGeo what they are today.

All participants will leave with a smile on their face and free license
of the software.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/