[mapserver-dev] RFC 89 Layer Geomtransform: Call for vote

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Wed Feb 20 09:01:20 PST 2013

I'd rather see support for an optional units parameter to the functions that can handle it. More metadata would suck... I do like the idea of a [cellsize] tag.

One issue missing from the SLA is how to handle queries since presumably a user will want to interact with transformed features in a map display. For style GEOMTRANSFORMs we basically just punted. For layer-level GEOMTRANSFORMs the transformation should/could also be applied when querying so transformations should be integrated into the msLayerNextShape()/msLayerGetShape() pipeline (see RFC 72).

I don't know what your funding looks like but it would be great to have labelObj GEOMTRANSFORMs too.