[mapserver-dev] Adding a tiling backend, and want to use ImageMagick

Jeff Donner jeffrey.donner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 13:16:04 PST 2013

Hi;

  I'm adding a tiling backend to MapServer, and I'd like to use
ImageMagick (C bindings) for convenience. Would adding a largish
library like that be ok among the maintainers (if my company lets me
submit it), or is there a better way? The operations I want to do are
placing tiles into a dest. image, cropping, and then resizing. Re:
licences, ImageMagick is Apache 2.0, which at first blush it looks
compatible with MapServer's MIT license. Any guidance / comments?

Thanks!