[mapserver-dev] Contributing to MapServer

Alex Wells alexwells at landez.com
Wed Jan 30 09:31:51 PST 2013

Devs,

While working on a project that will convert mapfiles to xmlmapfiles (
https://github.com/10000maps/map2xml) I have discovered problems in the
mapfile.xsd file included with mapserver. The errors are instances where
mapfiles that were working are considered invalid by the xsd when run with
xmllint.

On github I have forked mapserver and made a branch with the changes (
https://github.com/alexwells55/mapserver/compare/mapserver:master...improvedxsd
).

I would like to contribute the improvements to the mapserver project, but
am unsure how to go about it. Previously I submitted a pull request with
only some of the changes.  It got marked as failed, but I couldn't figure
out why (I've never used Jenkins before). I closed that request because I
thought I might as well submit all the changes to the mapfile.xsd file at
once.

Should I open a new Pull Request? or email a patch to someone? or something
else?

Alex Wells