[mapserver-dev] RFC 100 : Support for tile index with mixed SRS in raster layers

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 03:21:14 PDT 2013

Hi Even,
This seems like a nice addition for folks handling large amounts of raster
data in different projections. I don't have any important comments to make,
just a few details you might want to explicit/fix:

- your mapfile snippet includes DUMP true which has been deprecated
- RFC 37 also proposed using PROJECTION AUTO, but to my knowledge was never
adopted/implemented. Can you add a reference to that RFC in your proposal
with a word of context on how they both relate ?
- I see you've added TILESRS as an rfc86 scaletoken replaceable string
(thus with the storage of orig_tilesrs in layerObj). Is there a usecase for
such a replacement to be done ?

regards,
Thomas