[mapserver-dev] RFC 101: Content Dependant Legend Rendering

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Sun Jul 21 06:30:36 PDT 2013

Hi Thomas,

Nice addition. I can envision this being very useful with HTML legends
eventually even if I undertsand that this may be out of scope for you now.

BTW, we may also want to support this with legends embeded in the map,
or in an HTML template from the traditional CGI or even MapScript. In
this case since we already call msDrawMap() for the main map, we could
avoid two passes on the data if msDrawMap() could do the marking of the
layer/class/style/labels on the fly instead of having to make a separate
call to msHitTestMap(). Would this be easily feasible?

Daniel

On 13-07-19 9:49 AM, thomas bonfort wrote:
> Devs,
> Please find RFC 101 which proposes an extension to GetLegendRequest
> image results to only include legend icons for features that are
> actually present in a given map view
>
> https://github.com/mapserver/docs/blob/5398e449f6307419e2557a5a5ca0404bab827728/en/development/rfc/ms-rfc-101.txt
>
> and soon at: http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-101.html
>
> I'll be calling for vote on it next week, in time for our upcoming 6.4
> feature-freeze.
>
> Best regards,
> Thomas

Daniel Morissette