[mapserver-dev] Interesting QGIS news...

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Jul 22 08:49:23 PDT 2013

Hi devs,

Just pointing out some interesting QGIS/OpenGeo news today.
http://blog.opengeo.org/2013/07/22/qgis-a-powerful-desktop-alternative/

As a keen believer in the importance of QGIS for MapServer users, I am
wondering out loud how this could affect our users, indirectly of
course.  As we know, the MapServer-mapfile-export tool for QGIS is
widely used, by almost every MapServer user at some point, yet the
QGIS-MapServer teams are a little distant.

Maybe this news is a way for us (the MapServer team) to become more
directly active in the QGIS development process.

-jeff