[mapserver-dev] libsvg-cairo / librsvg [vote]

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Jul 25 01:28:59 PDT 2013

Selon thomas bonfort <thomas.bonfort at gmail.com>:

> Tamas,
> Unfortunately there are no existing other libraries that I know of
> that would fit our needs with reasonable effort.
>
> - agg has a primitive svg parser that SteveW and I extensively tested
> a year ago ( http://imaptools.com:8080/svg-test/index-agg-svg.html ,
> https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues/4252 ). While the
> licence fits much better, it has some shortcomings by which some svg
> primitives aren't supported, and it would also imply that we'd need to
> rasterize svg symbols for our pdf and svg outputformats instead of
> including the native vector primitives.
> - we could roll our own SVG renderer based on a more liberal SVG
> parser. Aside from the fact that we'd need to find a parser that's as
> compliant and maintained as rsvg, this also requires substantial
> funding (i.e. if the GPL doesn't fit a distributor he has the option
> to fund an alternative, which is playing along the rules of gpl in the
> first place).

Perhaps a potential candidaty, very likely under Apache licence (I've not
verified) :
https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/native_svg_support_for_apache . Although I'd
fear I'd bet it depend much of OpenOffice internal APIs (XML parsing,
rendering), which might make it impractical to use it by MapServer.