[mapserver-dev] Layer names in OGR connection strings (undocumented feature causing problems)

Smith, Michael ERDC-CRREL-NH Michael.Smith at usace.army.mil
Mon Mar 4 14:29:40 PST 2013

Comma separated table names is also part of the OCI connection

"OCI:userid/password at database_instance:table,table"

http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_oci.html

From: Brent Fraser <bfraser at geoanalytic.com<mailto:bfraser at geoanalytic.com>>
Date: Monday, March 4, 2013 5:25 PM
To: Tamas Szekeres <szekerest at gmail.com<mailto:szekerest at gmail.com>>
Cc: "mapserver-dev at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:mapserver-dev at lists.osgeo.org>" <mapserver-dev at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:mapserver-dev at lists.osgeo.org>>
Subject: Re: [mapserver-dev] Layer names in OGR connection strings (undocumented feature causing problems)

Tamas,

  No doc that I know of.  I knew of the technique of adding comma-separated table names to connection strings from years ago when I was trying to improve the performance of an ODBC connection (http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_odbc.html).  Stating the table names relieves the driver from enumerating all the tables (and views etc) in the schema.  Maybe I had reviewed the source code; I can't recall...

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser