[mapserver-dev] loadWeb(): Unknown identifier

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sun Mar 10 14:12:03 PDT 2013

On 2013-03-09 11:48 AM, francescoboccacci at libero.it wrote:
> during a test i receive the follow error:
>
> loadWeb(): Unknown identifier. Parsing error near (/var/www/mapserver/tmp/):
> (line 1)

I hit this issue very often.  Error line 1 is a sign that there is a
problem with the way the old CGI template is passing parameters to
mapserv.  This has to do with changes made to MapServer 5.0 in how to
pass parameters (give a good read to:
http://www.mapserver.org/cgi/controls.html#using-mapserver-version-5)

You might try even removing your whole line '<input type="hidden"
name="map_web_imagepath" value="/var/www/mapserver/tmp/">' or changing
it to match the correct syntax.

Happy sunny Sunday to all.

-jeff

--