[mapserver-dev] cmake migration

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 10:15:21 PDT 2013

Tamas,

When linking against e.g. libgdal.a, you also have to include the
linker flags to the libraries libgdal.a is dynamically linked against,
and obtaining that list of dependencies isn't a straightforward step.
gdal-config --libs will give you these flags, but also polluted with
flags that aren't relevant to mapserver and therefore should not be
included directly. For that case it will be up to you to manually
provide the full paths to the dynamic dependencies.
Note that this limitation does not apply to the windows build using
libraries from your buildkit, as in that case just providing the path
to libgdal.lib is sufficient.

--
thomas