[mapserver-dev] RFC92 implementation caused breaking changes in SWIG bindings

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 16:26:24 PDT 2013

I notice that the recent changes related to RFC92, specifically the commit
45b7dd0d44<https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/commit/45b7dd0d44112f41a04362516ba6406702b50470>in
mapserver.h messed up the SWIG interface generation completely.

Actually some of the definitions have been changed, like:

typedef struct {
} labelObj;

have been modified to:

typedef struct labelObj {
};

and we have an additional  typedef struct labelObj labelObj; in
mapserver-api.h

By using this form, SWIG doesn't recognize the type correctly and the
typemaps for the corresponding objects are not applied. By using typedefs
 doesn't seem to provide a solution for this problem.

Not sure what was the reason of this change, but I'd eagerly support
reverting to the original form until we find out how SWIG type-mapping
would work correctly this way.

Best regards,

Tamas