[mapserver-dev] R: Re: Get Raster from url

Smith, Michael ERDC-RDE-CRREL-NH Michael.Smith at erdc.dren.mil
Thu May 16 05:05:08 PDT 2013

Yes, that is possible. Mapserver uses GDAL so anything that will work at
the command line with gdalinfo will work in the mapfile.

However, just because it does work doesn't mean you want to run it that
way. There may be performance issues depending on the raster size and the
network speed.

You can use /vsicurl/<http_path_to_raster  in the mapfile.

Mike