[mapserver-dev] Show of hands for 6.4 Release

Smith, Michael ERDC-RDE-CRREL-NH Michael.Smith at erdc.dren.mil
Thu May 16 05:52:29 PDT 2013

+1

Mike

--
Michael Smith
US Army Corps
Remote Sensing GIS/Center

From: thomas bonfort <thomas.bonfort at gmail.com<mailto:thomas.bonfort at gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, May 16, 2013 2:32 AM
Subject: [mapserver-dev] Show of hands for 6.4 Release

Hi Devs,

Foss4g is approaching and I think we should have released 6.4 by then, so I'd like to start a bit of planning. My impression is that for the time being we have quite a few new functionalities, but a low risk of backwards incompatibilities/issues, which should make for a short release phase.

I would like to propose a feature freeze and 6.4 branching around mid/end july, for a targeted release around beginning of september ?
+1

Unless someone else wants to assume the role, I volunteer to be release manager again, under the assumption that beta releases happen "when they are ready" rather than on a fixed weekly schedule.
+1

Alan: what's the status of RFC89 in relation to RFC94 ?
Steve: RFC91 is longer term, correct ?

Which brings me to my second point relating to longer term features, in my following email.

regards,
Thomas