[mapserver-dev] Propose new PSC member: Stephan Meissl

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Thu May 16 07:15:39 PDT 2013

Good call Jeff! Solid +1.

-----Original Message-----
From: mapserver-dev-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:mapserver-dev-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Jeff McKenna
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 9:01 AM
To: 'MapServer Dev Mailing List'
Subject: [mapserver-dev] Propose new PSC member: Stephan Meissl

Hello PSC members,

With the upcoming 6.4 release plans about to kick off, I motion that we add Stephan Meissl[1] as a MapServer Project Steering Committee member.
 As you know, Stephan has really stepped up since around (especially) MapServer 6.0 to handle tricky OGC support and INSPIRE.  I believe he should be a voting member of the steering committee.  He also adds some more international flavor to the project, which I feel is very important, a global perspective.

I have asked him this morning if he is interested, and he would be honored.  If approved, he would be required to review the PSC guidelines[2].

I start with a +1

[1] https://github.com/Schpidi
[2] http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-23.html

-jeff