[mapserver-dev] Rethinking our doc site build workflow (+vote)

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 07:07:58 PDT 2014

psc,

mapserver.org is now serving a website built by travis-ci. The built
static website is itself versionned and hosted on github, our osgeo vm
just needs to update its local copy of its clone in order to stay
updated. We also have a fallback in case the projects vm falls again,
at http://mapserver.github.io/ (that could become the master for
www.mapserver.org if we pointed the mapserver.org DNS to it).

I still need to work on hosting the pdf files, hosting the development
(master) version of the docs, and automatically updating the
projectsvm when a commit is pushed to the git repository.

The docs themselves (along with their build scripts) have been
slightly modified:
- english docs are not built in the en/ subdirectory anymore but are
placed in the root of the build directory (to avoid having to setup
redirects)
- there is no need for a mapservorg target anymore
- the cron jobs and the en/ redirects on mapserver.org have been
disabled to account for these changes

let me know if you see anything strange...

regards,
thomas