[mapserver-dev] managing of SVG format in applytSLD

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Tue Feb 4 06:20:48 PST 2014

It would make sense to me to limit references to local file system (for images too), however that kind of defeats the purpose of externally defined styling. The SLD spec does allow it I take it? Limiting references is different question than just adding SVG unless malicious SVG is inherently more risky than a PNG for some reason. Perhaps with certain output types (e.g. SVG, PDF) it's a bigger deal if the SVG passes through MapServer and isn't rasterized. Thoughts? With a better understanding here I'd be +1 for both 6.4 and master.

Maybe local vs. remote should be tunable somehow, e.g. OWS_ALLOW_REMOTE_SLD_ASSETS, false by default.