[mapserver-dev] RFC-108 : heatmap generation

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 13:40:51 PST 2014

Bob,
I had initially planned to support line or polygon shapes, but gave up
because of the extra complexity (features would need to be rasterized
into the intermediate accumulation grid), and the ambiguity that
arises as to what weight to assign to each rasterized pixel (should
each pixel be assigned the intensity of the whole feature, or should
we divide that by the number of pixels that were actually affected by
the feature). I'll have a second look to see if this is a feasible
addition, but I'd say that the first iteration will only be applicable
to point datasets.

regards,
thomas