[mapserver-dev] RFC-108 : heatmap generation

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Thu Jan 30 14:18:15 PST 2014

Hmm, depends on the business need, I have one report related to usage of road intersections, or crossing trails (still points albeit) that are the result of crossing lines.  Also trails that cross and coincide with each other for a while might be better served using a line feature, especially where the lines get longer.

Additional info: We have a mixed GPS collection system. We get some data via radio which is less frequent that what is coming from Cell data connections.  Upwards of 15 sec spacing for the radio connections, the cell data can get down to less than a second for example.  Those longer timespans got me on the usage of Lines for the features to cluster by.

No worries here, I just did some SQL from the database that sent back some prorated points along the lines.  I'll need to figure out a nice median time spacing is all.

Bobb