[mapserver-dev] Trac ticket #3258

James Klassen klassen.js at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 14:17:23 PDT 2014

Does anyone know if ticket #3258 [1] went anywhere?  It appears I am
running into the same problem (5 years later).

Specifically, I want to be able to call WMS GetFeatureInfo with
QUERY_LAYERS='all' on a map file of the form:

MAP
  NAME 'all'
  LAYER
     NAME 'one_of_many_queryable_layers'
     DATA
     TEMPLATE foo
  END
  LAYER
     NAME 'i_am_not_queryable'
  END
END

Right now I am getting a WMS exception:
<ServiceException code="LayerNotQueryable">
msWMSFeatureInfo(): WMS server error. Requested layer(s) are not queryable.
</ServiceException>

If I comment out the 'i_am_not_queryable' layer the query results other
layers return as expected.

It looks like the patch in #3258 would at one time have allowed this use
and that at the time the reaction to the patch was positive, however the
current code in master is completely different.

It looks like msWMSFeatureInfo in mapwms.c:3843-3848 is selecting layers
that aren't queryable, which then causes the WMS exception to be thrown on
line 3919.  I suspect it has to do with how "isUsedInNestedGroup" is being
set.

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/3258

Jim Klassen