[mapserver-dev] RFC 113: Layer Compositing Modes

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 13:10:19 PST 2015

Hi Devs,

Please have a look at RFC 113 (
http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-113.html ) that adds layer
compositing modes and opens up future implementations of layer pixel
filter pipelines (blurring comes immediately to mind, others might
make sense too). Given that this RFC deprecates the LAYER->OPACITY
keyword, 7.0 would be a good time to have this integrated, further
developments can continue in a second phase without needing to change
the mapfile syntax itself.
Given the short timeframe we have before the 7.0 release, I'd like to
call for a vote on this one right away (allowing us to respect the 48h
delay before the end of the code sprint).

I'll open with my +1

regards,

thomas