[mapserver-dev] [mapserver-users] msOGRFileNextShape(): OGR error. TopologyException: side location conflict

yeryry yeryry at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 09:03:00 PST 2015

I sent this to the users list a couple of weeks ago, as it was related
to an old discussion there... But it's really a bug of some kind, so
here is perhaps a better place.

I ran into this old problem today, using the OSGeo4W daily 6.5 build.
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapserver-users/2009-August/thread.html#62527
Google finds quite a lot of non-mapserver-related questions about this
error, but perhaps (as was suggested in the ticket), something can be
done to avoid it, as it is related to GEOS
(EdgeEndStar::propagateSideLabels). Mapserver seems to render the
problematic geometry with no problem, but fails when a query (WMS
GetFeatureInfo) falls near it. I think it can't be related to input
file format, as it does the same with KML, spatialite, and GML. I have
made a simple set of data that shows the problem, but I'm not sure
what parts I should post, as altogether it's quite long.