[mapserver-dev] Memory leak

Ian Walberg ian.walberg at airborne.aero
Wed Jun 10 12:44:42 PDT 2015

Folks,

We have a php application which renders a new map every few seconds and with any of the versions with the refactored label font support we see what appears to be a memory leak.

When our application exits the error is 'Freetype was unable to load font file'. This is from fontcache.c and occurs in our case after around 130 calls to the msGetFontFace function.

I will look into this further but from a quick look it seems that the FT_New_Face is being called every time.

Our application uses only one font so our assumption is that this should not need to be called every time.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Ian