[mapserver-dev] New Windows Binaries

Konstantin Podsvirov konstantin at podsvirov.pro
Thu Sep 10 12:53:52 PDT 2015

Hello, dear MapServer developers!

I want advertise my project "Dad's House":

http://dad.podsvirov.pro

The project provides an environment for developing and deploying applications written in C and C++ and others. The project includes many different modules, one of which is MapServer (also Apache web server).

Now the project is in beta state and is focused on the Window.

A few years ago I tried MS4W, but soon learned that the modules in it are updated rather slowly. I just needed a map server on the Windows. I now give myself.

I don't consider myself an expert in cartography, but a good idea can build projects from source code. My build now includes all the functionality of MapServer, but already knows a lot.

The installers are available on the project website.
Stable installers contain MapServer 6.4.1.
Tested installer for 64 bit contains MapServer 7.0.0.

Brief installation instructions:
- Download the installer from the website.
- Install Apache components.Httpd and MapServer
- The installation path, leave the default.

In the start menu you will find links Install, Uninstall, Start and Stop for Apache Web Server.
Run as Administrator Install and Start.
If everything went smoothly, you can try this in the browser:

http://localhost/mapserv

That it must withdraw all of You know yourself.

Presents the project has not yet reached the official release and annonciade.

The project is not limited to cartography - there are many other modules.
For example You can install osgEarth and connect to an installed MapServer with the appropriate *.earth file.

Answers, questions and suggestions are welcome!

I apologize for linguistic errors. English is not my native language.

--
Regards,
Konstantin Podsvirov