[mapserver-dev] Alternate of dbf file

Pushpendra Singh pushpendra7974 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 00:00:26 PDT 2016

Hi All,
         Greetings of the day....

        Currently, I am working with Mapserver 6.2 using csharp mapscript
(using c#). As we know that when we create shape files from excel then as a
result we get .shp, .dbf etc files.

My problem is that our .dbf file is many times larger than the excel file
we used to generate the .dbf file. Many a times it will result in
"SystemOutofMemory" exception as we have large number of records in our
excel file (say in between 5-10 Lacs records). Basically these excel files
contains the drive test records.

Is there any workout to overcome from *SystemOutofMemory Exception. *To
create a dbf file I am using the method of *shapelib.dll.*

Apart from that, I want to know that is it possible that we can use excel
file instead of .dbf file as it is easier to work with excel in comparison
to .dbf files?

Any guidance in this direction will be highly appreciated.

 Thanks.

--
With Regards

*P** Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.
Spread environmental awareness.*