[mapserver-dev] 2017 Project Budget

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Dec 16 07:18:44 PST 2016

Hi PSC,

See below a request from the OSGeo Board, for an idea of the amount of
funding that the MapServer project might request, for 2017.  Note that
we are not actually making a formal request for funds, yet; instead this
would be an amount to let the OSGeo Board know that we might be asking
for, in the upcoming year.

I am proposing that we let the OSGeo Board know that we might be
requesting 5k (this is USD) for 2017; we could use those funds to help
flight/hotel/travel costs, to the upcoming Daytona Beach sprint, for
example, or to help cover the organizing costs of the sprint.

Thoughts?  (of course we might only request 2k, in 2017, who knows)

You can see that I have added that 5k to the table (see bottom) at:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2017  But we can easily edit
that page and adjust the amount.

More thoughts:

I would like to see our mindset at OSGeo, and for MapServer, change to
start helping along the devs, who travel and give their time for these
events, with (at least minimal) funding to help with flights, hotels,
and living costs, during OSGeo events, like the Daytona Code sprint.

thanks,

-jeff