[mapserver-dev] Call for discussion on MS RFC 114: Faster retrieval of shape count

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Feb 10 05:19:18 PST 2016

Le mercredi 10 février 2016 14:10:56, Rahkonen Jukka (MML) a écrit :
> Even Rouault wrote:
> > But I agree with you that the text of the standard could make think that
> > the server side limit should be taken into account by resultType=hits,
> > although it is not explicit at all...
>
> What is most standard in all WFS standard versions is that they are not
> explicit.

Agreed...

> For me it is OK to ignore server side maxFeatures limit with
> resultType=hits through the metadata configuration option. At least we
> have considered the case.

Yes the metadata config option lets the possibility for the administrator to
select the desired behaviour.

I'm now wondering if defaulting wfs_ignore_server_maxfeatures_for_hits to true
is appropriate in the PostGIS case. Before you pointed out that issue, I
thought initially that ignoring the server maxfeatures limit for hits was the
compliant way, but it is not so clear. On the other side, even if we are not
compliant with the RFC implemented, we'll behave the same as other WFS server
implementations...

http://www.spatialys.com