[mapserver-dev] Call for discussion on MS RFC 114: Faster retrieval of shape count

Eichner, Andreas - SID Andreas.Eichner at sid.sachsen.de
Thu Feb 11 07:00:20 PST 2016

Even,

This seems to be indeed a mistake in test suite, as the WFS 2.0 standard says

" 7.7.4.2
numberMatched parameter
The numberMatched parameter shall be used in a response document to report the total number of features or values, of the types requested in an operation, that are in the result set. This value does not necessarily have to match the number of feature or values actually presented in the response document (see 7.7.4.3). If a server is unable to report the total number of matched features or values then it shall use the value "unknown" to indicate this.
By setting the value of the resultType parameter (see 7.6.3.6) to "hits" a count of the total number of features or values that an operation would return can be obtained without having to incur the cost of transmitting the result set. For servers that support response paging (see 7.7.4.4) the value of the next parameter shall be set to then fetch the first subset of response features or values.
7.7.4.3
numberReturned parameter
The numberReturned parameter shall be used to indicate a count of the number of features or values that are presented within a response document.
NOTE See 7.6.3.4 for value counting rules.
If a value is specified for the count parameter (see 7.6.3.5), the value of the numberReturned parameter shall be equal to or less than the specified value of the count parameter."

So numberMatched clearly means all features matching the filter and numberReturned means... (who guess?)

Andreas