[mapserver-dev] https://mapserver.org/ points to a GRASS site

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Feb 23 11:43:37 PST 2016

On 2016-02-23 12:35 PM, Daniel Morissette wrote:
> It's been pointed to me that https://mapserver.org/ (HTTPS) points to a
> GRASS site. Who is the current maintainer of the mapserver.org website
> server? I guess we could bring up the issue with SAC, but I thought I'd
> check here first.

I know it is very confusing who is managing the site, and servers,
because lately the website unfortunately involves many different servers
(some with maybe one person with access only).  I will try to explain,
and those seeing my mistakes can speak up:

- the mapserver.org server was moved recently by SAC, and is very locked
down, "osgeo6" I believe (for an example of me trying to access the
machine, see this ticket https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1570)
- the website files are hosted on github, and the SAC server just checks
out a clone for each update
- travis builds are also part of this process for the website, but that
is also very locked down (general travis scripts can be used to generate
builds, but only one person, whoever setup travis/mapserver, has full
access to the travis account)

So, long story short, it is definitely a SAC ticket.

I'd like to see all this process documented, including how to access the
osgeo6 server, the travis account, and interacting with our github.io
instance (none of this is documented and shared).

-jeff