[mapserver-dev] MS-RFC-116 call for discussion: service provider page

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Mar 4 03:18:02 PST 2016

Le lundi 29 février 2016 20:59:47, Lime, Steve D (MNIT) a écrit :
> I have no problem with this at all. My only question would be how to keep
> it current, I mean how would a service provider be removed from the
> list(s) - criteria and process?

(resent with reply to all)

If at some point (every 2 years ?) we feel that the list is or might be no
longer current, we could "reboot" the process, ie remove/comment out all
service providers, send an email to the list (dev list only?) to notify about
it and let people still interested re-add them ?

Perhaps simpler alternative, with less churn in the docs repository and PR to
deal with :
* create a github ticket dedicated for the refresh
* send an email to the list with this message "in 4 weeks, we are going to
remove all currently listed service providers to refresh the site. If you are
still interested, add a note to ticket XXXX" (instead of the ticket we could
just ask to reply to the email. The small advantage of the ticket is to
generate less email traffic for those not interested)

Even

http://www.spatialys.com