[mapserver-dev] Vector tile support

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Tue Sep 13 13:46:28 PDT 2016

Thomas had posted on the topic almost a year ago:

  https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapserver-dev/2015-September/014598.html

I don't think there was a great deal of response. I was able to get things compiled and kinda working with the Leaflet MVT client.

  http://maps2.dnr.state.mn.us/dev/mvt/test.html

The example uses fixed x/y/z tile (13/1954/2855), hence the repetition. MapCache doesn't support MVT so I created the vector tile using a WFS request. I got stuck trying to figure out why the vectors for Dishpan WMA and the polygon to along the right edge of the tile didn't align better with the underlying raster tile - they were generated from the same params. Clearly Thomas' code is capable of producing something that a client can render.

Steve