[mapserver-dev] Switch db role after connecting to db for row level security

Martin Icking martin.icking at bentley.com
Thu Aug 10 06:53:22 PDT 2017

Hi Daniel,
I'm facing almost the same challenge with Oracle - see here:
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Oracle-Layer-how-to-set-context-prior-to-fetching-the-data-tt5258155.html
I tried some of the options without modification of mapserver - as of now
I'm not really happy with these.
Maybe we can use your approach in a more generic way by extending Mapserver
to have the option to execute a user-defined SQL command  after login.
Naturally in Oracle there is no "SET ROLE rolename" command, the syntax is
different.
Extending your suggestion the sql command to set the database context/role
could be defined by

PROCESSING "SQL_CONTEXT_STMT='any sql statement'"

What do you think?
Best regards
Martin