[mapserver-dev] LABEL BUFFER behavior changes

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) steve.lime at state.mn.us
Wed Jul 19 09:52:29 PDT 2017

That’s a big commit… Might be easier to decide what the proper behavior should be. IMHO I think layer-level settings SYMBOLSCALE and SIZEUNITS should impact (for a label object) label size, outlinewidth, buffer and offset. I think those are the only measure-based parameters. Label minsize/maxsize could be used to bound any of the others by taking the ratio of the size/minsize and size/maxsize and applying it to the other parameter values.  I thought Thomas has done at least some of that in his implementation. So, setting SIZE=MINSIZE=MAXSIZE would effectively set constant values for buffer, outlinewidth and offset as well.

Steve