[mapserver-dev] RFC 119 - Vector Tiles...

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) steve.lime at state.mn.us
Tue Jul 25 09:57:22 PDT 2017

Hi Even! Thanks for the review amd suggestions. I will make the suggested changes... I'll need to look at the WFS code to comment more. That was Thomas' original approach, handle as a qiure

Regarding mime-type. It's not specified in the earlier spec that Thomas worked from (1.0.1 I believe) so I imagine that's where the current value comes from. The 2.1 spec says "should" for mime-type, not "must" so I think there is at least some room for interpretation. I see GeoServer is using "application/x-protobuf; type=mapbox-vector" - somewhere in the middle. Thoughts?

Yes, I was planning on adding tests, I have a bunch developed during development. I would appreciate thoughts on the scope though...

Steve