[mapserver-dev] RFC 119 - Vector Tiles...

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) steve.lime at state.mn.us
Tue Jul 25 11:07:51 PDT 2017

Thanks, I’ll make those changes…

From: Seth G [mailto:geographika at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2017 5:38 PM
To: Lime, Steve D (MNIT) <steve.lime at state.mn.us>; mapserver-dev at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [mapserver-dev] RFC 119 - Vector Tiles...

Hi Steve,

There was a lot of buzz still around vector tiles (and MapServer) at FOSS4GE, so getting this feature implemented would be excellent.
For info, at the code sprint afterwards we worked on a draft docs page for the Vector tiles OUTPUTFORMAT, with a sample OpenLayers map.

I can't provide much input on the code, except to note there are lots of free requests in mapmvt.c - should/could these be changed to msFree? See https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/pull/5277 for issues when debugging on Windows.

Regards,

Seth