[mapserver-dev] OGR attribute filter error is not reported

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon May 8 14:04:26 PDT 2017

On lundi 8 mai 2017 22:37:25 CEST Tamas Szekeres wrote:
> Hi Devs,
>
> Actually if we set up an attribute filter with incorrect syntax (ie. by
> setting the NATIVE_FILTER processing key for an OGR layer) no error
> reporting is done, and the layer remains unfiltered (as if we had no
> spatial filtering at all). This is because in mapogr.cpp (line 2587) we
> just log this error instead of raising an error message.
>
> Is this the intended behavior?

Hi Tamas,

I'm not sure. It appears I removed
msSetError(MS_OGRERR, "SetAttributeFilter() failed on layer %s. Check logs.", "msOGRFileWhichShapes()", layer->name?layer->name:"(null)");

before the log message in
https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/commit/f53fd782ccbe04033d4088047615f08968dcede0

But I don't recall why. So this should probably be reinstalled.

Note that the not detailed error message was wished per :
https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/commit/3d52307cf0033e3275975b668b7138ba1343f28d

Even

http://www.spatialys.com