[mapserver-dev] drop shadow for labels

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sun May 21 13:01:24 PDT 2017

On 5/21/2017 1:54 PM, Tamas Szekeres wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could someone explain how to configure drop shadow for label in
> mapserver 7.x ?
> It looks like the SHADOWCOLOR/SHADOWSIZE implementation has been
> stripped from the code and I'm not sure what replaces that option.
> The documentation is very brief in this regard.

BACKGROUNDCOLOR [r] [g] [b] | [hexadecimal string]

     Color to draw a background rectangle (i.e. billboard). Off by default.

     Note

     Removed in 6.0. Use a LABEL STYLE object with GEOMTRANSFORM
labelpoly and COLOR.
BACKGROUNDSHADOWCOLOR [r] [g] [b] | [hexadecimal string]

     Color to draw a background rectangle (i.e. billboard) shadow. Off
by default.

     Note

     Removed in 6.0. Use a LABEL STYLE object with GEOMTRANSFORM
labelpoly, COLOR and OFFSET.
BACKGROUNDSHADOWSIZE [x][y]

     How far should the background rectangle be offset? Default is 1.

     Note

     Removed in 6.0. Use a LABEL STYLE object with GEOMTRANSFORM
labelpoly, COLOR and OFFSET.

http://mapserver.org/mapfile/label.html#label-style

STYLE
   GEOMTRANSFORM 'labelpoly'