[mapserver-dev] Using updateFromString on existing items

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 08:17:34 PDT 2017

Hi Steve,

It is hard to interpret what are the allowed "minor edits" in such case.
Neither the documentation or the corresponting rfc provides any guidance.
One can think a reasonable use case to completely deserialize the object
state by using these methods.

Do we have a simple approach to reset the state of the object (as it was
newly created) before calling the updateFromString method?

Thanks,

Tamas