[mapserver-dev] Testing PROJ 5.0.0 release candidates

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Mar 6 05:21:43 PST 2018

MapServer devs should take note that I was correct in my initial
testing: PROJ 5.0.0 breaks all transformations to and from the Google
"Web Mercator" projection (there is about a 10km shift).  You can read
my full report here and its long thread while testing RC5 and RC6 in
GDAL, MapServer, and PROJ (I tested on Ubuntu 14.04 and Windows):
http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/proj/2018-February/008082.html

The fix will be available in the PROJ 5.0.1 release (early April).  I
encourage everyone to provide feedback directly to the PROJ team if you
can (there is also a Github ticket if you want to follow along, provide
testing feedback or comments: https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/issues/834 )

Thanks,

-jeff

--