[mapserver-dev] Mapserver causes too many open files error

wicksell krister.wicksell at sokigo.com
Mon Mar 26 23:15:05 PDT 2018

+1

We had the same problem with too many open files when running a
multi-threaded .NET application using MapScript.

We tried the patches provided by Tamas but started to get a lot of errors
similar to
msGetGlyphByIndex(): General error message. unable to load glyph 36d for
font "arial"

We solved this by adding locks to msGetGlyphByIndex() similar to those used
in msGetGlyphOutline(). I guess there should be locking in msGetGlyphIndex()
too.

/Krister

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Mapserver-Dev-f4252683.html