[mapserver-dev] setPattern in symbolObj in PHP MapScript

Nicol Hermann mapserver at geoworld.de
Tue Jan 22 22:29:33 PST 2019

Hello Developers

I like to follow up on my own thread.
In the meantime I am pretty sure that the PHP Mapscript documentation
at https://mapserver.org/mapscript/php/phpmapscript.html is outdated
and do not reflect the current implementation.
setPattern() is available in the styleObj.
However I have difficulties to use it there as well.
Taking the other mapscript documentations as a reference I assume
setPattern expects an int array.
If I try
$styleObj-> setPattern( array( 8, 12) );

the output of the convertToString() method is:

PATTERN
 4620693217682128896.00 4622945017495814144.00
END

Another issue with the style object is to set the 'linecap' property
(also not documented):
$styleObj-> set('linecap', 'butt' );

ends up with.
LINECAP NONE

Can somebody please tell me if I am doing something wrong of if these
are bugs?

Thank you very much
Nicol