[mapserver-dev] Installing Perl MapScript...

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) steve.lime at state.mn.us
Thu May 9 12:41:50 PDT 2019

Hi all: I have a setup here where I have multiple versions of mapscript laying around - so mapscript64, mapscript72, etc... Getting things setup to use a new module name involves tweaking mapscript.i, perl/plmodule.i and perl/CMakeLists.txt. I'm running into 2 issues:

1)      With MapServer 6.4 and 7.2 things compile just fine. However, the shared object file (e.g. mapscript64.so) is linked with against the libmapserver.so.1 in the build directory rather than where that library is ultimately installed (e.g. /usr/local/lib/mapserver/libmapserver.so.1). As long as you leave the build artifacts alone you're good but clean house and things go to heck.

2)      With MapServer 7.2 the "make install" is failing with something like:

CMake Error at mapscript/perl/cmake_install.cmake:44 (FILE):
  file INSTALL cannot find   "/usr/local/src/mapserver/mapscript/perl/$<TARGET_FILE:perlmapscript>".
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake_install.cmake:469 (INCLUDE)

                The perl/CMakeLists.txt changed a good bit between 6.4 and 7.2. I can install mapscript72.pm and mapscript.so by hand and things work (subject to issue 1 above).

Anyone else out there using Perl?

--Steve