[mapserver-dev] using master as default branch again

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Thu May 16 13:38:50 PDT 2019

Hi all: as discussed at today's meeting, I tabled the idea of
making MapServer's default branch as master (instead of
the stable branch).  The value proposition here would be
to potentially lessen the burden of bug fixes across branches
as well as a more familiar workflow especially for new
developers to contribute.

I know we used to have this setup in the past, and then moved
to the stable branch as the default branch, however it's a good
time to revisit and change given the above.

Thoughts/comments?

Thanks

..Tom