[mapserver-dev] Dropping support for non-GDAL and non-PROJ builds

Stephen Woodbridge stephenwoodbridge37 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 07:33:34 PST 2019

On 11/29/2019 10:21 AM, Even Rouault wrote:
> Just at the distance of pressing the "Merge" button:
> https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/pull/5935
>
> The diff stat is pretty eloquent about the benefits:
>   54 files changed, 118 insertions(+), 1298 deletions(-)
>
> Said otherwise, 0.7% of the total number of lines of .c/.cpp code gone.
>
> I didn't even realize there were so many #ifdef before removing them :-) !
>
> Even

Wow! nice work. I'm all for simplification of the code. And a non-voting
+1 on modernizing the code base and moving to C++. I'm impressed by all
the improvements and enhancements you do on so many projects and I'm for
things that make your life easier and improve the code. I've seen old
legacy code way down and smother other projects and would hate to see
that happen on mapserver.

Thanks!
  -Steve W