[mapserver-dev] MapServer Expressions and Bracketing

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) steve.lime at state.mn.us
Wed Oct 9 13:11:17 PDT 2019

The docs are wrong or at least confusing IMHO. The only requirement is that the entire logical expression has a whole needs to be encased in a ()'s so the parser can find it. Sub-expressions do not have to be encased in brackets unless it is needed to establish precedence in terms of how the expression is evaluated. MapServer more closely matches SQL and I wouldn't want to limit that. I do think ()'s can help with readability but they aren't required save the outer ()'s. --Steve