[mapserver-dev] RFC 125: Support for CONNECTIONOPTIONS in mapfiles

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) steve.lime at state.mn.us
Mon Sep 30 15:51:43 PDT 2019

Hi Even (and all): I think the RFC looks solid. In terms of implementation I was wondering if we might consider a single OPTIONS block so that the concept (and keyword) might build some commonality across objects (for example, OUTPUTFORMAT could use this). I'd leave METADATA and VALIDATION blocks alone. So one could write:

OPTIONS
  # data options
  "key" "value"

  # connection options
  "FLATTEN_NESTED_ATTRIBUTES" "YES"

  # processing options
  "NATIVE_FILTER" "d=234"
END

as opposed to creating a DATAOPTIONS, CONNECTIONOPTIONS and PROCESSINGOPTIONS... That would make the mapfile syntax cleaner and keep MapScript simpler.

--Steve