[mapserver-dev] MS RFC 132: Update MapScript API Docs

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Fri May 29 13:53:08 PDT 2020

Hi all,

I have created an RFC to formalise the proposed changes MapScript API docs which will require edits to header files, and a new mapscript requirement for the docs build process. Please see https://github.com/mapserver/docs/pull/333

There will be a number of related pull requests, so I'd like to make sure there is approval for these changes before continuing.

Please also see discussions with Even at https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapserver-dev/2020-May/016191.html
I tested briefly with Doxygen but the SWIG docstrings have already been added for most classes so would require starting from scratch. It could be useful to document the C-API and try to harmonise in the future.

In the short-term it would be good to fix a number of outdated and missing parts of the MapScript API.

Seth

--
web:http://geographika.co.uk
twitter: @geographika