[mapserver-dev] Python mapscript segfault on OSX

Stephen Woodbridge stephenwoodbridge37 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 15:54:35 PDT 2020

On 9/2/2020 5:59 PM, Tom Kralidis wrote:
> Hi all: I've had some back and forth with Seth on this.  Does anyone
> have any luck on building
> Python mapscript on OSX?  I'm able to build mapserv and mapscript
> properly (enough), however
> importing mapscript yields a segfault (see [1]).  Note that I'm
> building in a conda env.
>
> Any ideas?
Have you built a debug version and tried to run it under gdb?
Have you tried running under strace to see which files are getting
loaded at runtime? and get some idea of where it is in the process of
Any chance there is an old version of some library around mucking things up?
Does ldd look ok?
Run ldconfig -a  is that a thing on OSX?

You probably have thought of these, but it is how I would try to narrow
the problem down.

-Steve W